Tx27 Transmitter Kit
This kit includes the core components to make a Tx27 transmitter.
Tx27 is a hand-held wireless transmitter intended to control model railway points, lights, etc.
|1||Small plastic box|
|7||2-way toggle switch|
|1||On/Off pushbutton with Led|
|50mm||30mm heatshrink for Tx2|
|1||Plastic sheet for battery compartment|
|1||This page (www.DelTang.co.uk/tx27a-kit.htm)|
OTHER ITEMS NEEDED:
PP3 9v battery, hookup wire.
Solder, Iron, Multimeter, Glue, heat-shrink tubing, Drills, Files, Knife, Screwdrivers etc.
1. The circuit diagram shows the required connections.
2. The 'Tx2' radio module is usually powered with a 9v battery. Some exceed 10v when new which exceeds the Tx2 specification. So the supplied 1N4148 diode is an optional component used to reduce the battery voltage by about 1v.
3. Tx2 has an on-board regulator which provides a 3.1v reference voltage to the other components.
4. The 2 longer wires in the middle of the on/off switch are 'Led2'. The shorter of those is marked '-' and goes to negative.
5. The on/off switch has an anti-rotation ridge that makes its diameter larger at that point. File a notch in the box to avoid crushing the switch.
6. The Tx2 module can be protected with with the heatshrink covering provided.